SynCrypt: the new PGP?

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Mon Nov 3 10:08:45 PST 1997

> > It is like pgp but has lots of cool features.  File wiping, group
> > encryption, automatic encryption of files put in certain directories.
>
> Am I supposed to be impressed?  They only support the proprietary
> products of a company supporting draconian gun controls.

You mean Microsoft.  It's foolish to reject encryption software because
it runs on the OS used by 90% of its customers.

> >Is this the new pgp?  No gak or even cak in sight.
>
> No source no security.

You don't trust Schneier?  You've seen the limitations of source code
release.  Experts like Schneier and his team designing the crypto is
worth more than a bunch of know nothings scratching their heads and
wondering where to begin with 1000+ pages of source code.