Rotenberg as the Uber Enemy

Huge Cajones Remailer nobody at huge.cajones.com
Sat May 31 15:59:56 PDT 1997

Tim May wrote:

> I suppose I am developing a reputation amongst the Inside the Beltway Cyber
> Rights Groups (tm) as a pain in the ass

  A polite, mild-mannered person such as yourself? I can't imagine.

> The latest quote is from Marc Rotenberg, on a CNN piece on spam and
> anti-spam legislation, saying that what the legislators in Congress really
> need to look into is how the spammers develop their data bases.....
>
> Incredible. Does he propose investigations of private data gathering?
> Perhaps search warrants served on those who take public postings and
> construct data bases?
>
> Look, I'm annoyed by getting 5-10 "unwanted" spam messages a day. But I
> realize

  I'm certain you also realize that enough of our rights and freedoms
are being taken away in order to save us from "dangerous threats" from
every conceivable source, that we have little use for even more of them
being taken away to protect us from "annoyances."
  I think I'll email Rotenberg and suggest that he enlist Tim May's
support by promising legislation to support warrantless searches for
the purpose of stopping the ASCII art slams of Tim. Knowing how our
"saviors" end up walking with the Devil *over* the bridge once they
become enmeshed in the D.C. mentality, Rotenberg will probably thank
me for the idea.

  To save the citizenry from the "annoyance" of unregulated sidewalk
traffic the city of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, passed a law requiring
people to walk on the left side of the sidewalk.
  I sent in a facetious letter to the newspaper supporting the law,
saying things like, "Use of the sidewalk is a privilege, not a right."
etc. I couldn't believe the number of lunatics who took my letter
seriously and supported my position.

  One of my goals in life is to hunt down, mutilate, maim and torture
the individual who coined the expression, "There ought to be a law."

TruthMonger