And speaking of spamming! (was: Stanton McCandlish)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat May 31 12:00:21 PDT 1997

Speaking of unwanted messages, which legislators call "spamming."

An EFF person, whom I do respect, by the way, added my name to a spammer's
list, some shtick they have called "sixdegrees."

Here's the spam I just got, complete with what they claim is my "password."
Inasmuch as I never requested this password, and have no intention of using
it, and have no contractual relationship with either "sixdegrees" or
Stanton McCandlish, you folks might want to have some fun with this alleged
service and (unrequested) password. The password may only work if it comes
from "tcmay at mail.got.net," but, then, I hear that such "From:" fields are
easily spoofed.

--Tim