Too few cypherpunks nodes.

William H. Geiger III whgiii at amaranth.com
Sat May 24 11:42:58 PDT 1997

In <199705240549.AAA11795 at manifold.algebra.com>, on 05/23/97
   at 11:49 PM, ichudov at algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home) said:

>Ladies and Gentlemen,

>As the time goes on and I see what is happening inside and outside our
>list, I am getting increasingly concerned about the small number of hosts
>in the cypherpunks network.

>Practically, most of the people use only two nodes, Kent's and mine, and
>thanks to Jim, we have three operating ones. I do not believe that it is
>good enough.

>If anyone has any creative idea of how to get a couple more reliable
>nodes, please share it.

I should have a new node up shorly.

This will be a cypherpunks-digest node.

I plan on taking input from the 3 current nodes, remove any duplicates and
then send out 1 or 2 digest messages a day (depending on volume).

I will be working this weekend on the digest code, hopfully I can have
things up and running sometime next week depending on how much time "real"
work takes up.

Once I have the digest list set-up I can start posting some statistics on
the "quality of service" on the various lists.

I do not plan on filtering any traffic with the exception of "denial of
service" attacks (100 ascii art messages, ...). I may not have to even do
this if the other lists already take care of this.

As soon as I have more info I will post it to the list.

PS: What does everyone think of CC: alt.cypherpunks with the digest?

Thanks,

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Tag-O-Matic: He who laughs last uses OS/2.