Jim Bell Complaint

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri May 23 19:36:41 PDT 1997

At 9:13 PM -0400 5/23/97, John Young wrote:

>Time to study and ponder the 1st Amend -- which, by the way,
>Matt Blaze did at the NYC crypto forum last night to challenge
>Charney and Denning. Matt pulled out a copy and cited
>it, which may be a good indication of what he knows that
>we don't about what's coming.

When I was in high school, about 30 years ago, much was made of a alleged
public opinion survey in which Americans on the street were asked what they
thought of a document they were shown.

According to the story, a majority thought the document was some kind of
leftist, communist, illegal propaganda.

Obviously you all know what document they were shown.

--Tim May