Forgeries are your Friend

Mark Grant mark at unicorn.com
Fri May 23 03:07:14 PDT 1997

On Thu, 22 May 1997 frissell at panix.com wrote:

> So far in my close observation of the history of American jurisprudence I
> haven't seen too many written things that were legal at one point and later
> became (criminally) illegal.

I was thinking more of talking about things you do which are now legal but
later banned. For example a signed admission of smoking followed by a ban
and 'war on tobacco'. Not enough to lock you away for, but possibly enough
to make you a candidate for a dawn raid by the 'jackbooted fascists'; I'm
sure that if you had a nice piece of land to seize the message would be
used as evidence to back up an 'anonymous tip' about cigarette dealing in
order to get a warrant.

	Mark