Hey, what does this mean?

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue May 20 15:17:16 PDT 1997

Anybody know what this means?

ARLINGTON, Va. (Reuter) - David Aaron, a Special Ambassador to an
internationoal organization known as the OECD, has been arrested following
a pre-dawn raid on his home in the posh Lake Barcroft section of Arlington,
near Washington, D.C.

According to Arlington detective Tom DeGongue, Aaron was charged Monday in
Arlington Circuit Court with one felony count of possession of bomb-making
instructions and one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest. According to
DeGongue, there were indications found in the home that Aaron had also
talked about nuclear weapons and terrorism with others, which could open
the door for more charges to be filed.

Speaking for Mr. Aaron, his attorney Charles L. Klausen stated that the
alleged bomb-instructions were related to research Mr.Aaron had done for
novels about terrorists and nuclear weapons, including "State Scarlet" and
"Agents of Influence." "Mr. Aaron was legally entitled to read the
materials allegedly containing bomb-making instructions," said Mr. Clausen.
"In fact, the books seized and the tape-recordings of notes may also be
protected by the Special Rights of Journalists Act of 1986," he added.

Mr. Aaron could not be reached for comment. He was heard by several
witnesses, including memmbers of the tabloid community invited in by the
Arlington detectives, to say, "This is outrageous. I'm a well-respected
member of the Cosmos Club and the Bohemian Club! I am establishing the
world's crypto policy and I fly to capitals around the world. I'm not some
two-bit militia member like that guy arrested out in Portland for talking
about sabotaging computers! What do you think this is, Soviet Russia?"