PGP 5.0 beta is out at PGP.com

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Mon May 19 22:22:15 PDT 1997

At 12:20 AM 5/20/97 -0400, Lynne L. Harrison wrote:

>Well, now that I've seen some good and bad reviews regarding the beta
>version, I'm still curious to hear from someone who uses PGPMail ver. 4.5
>with Eudora Pro.  From what I've read, it seems the new beta version has
>nothing new to add - except some quirky bugs and the source code that's
>supposed to be available at some time in the future.

I used PGPMail 4.5 since it first came out. Version 5.0 adds easy lookup of
keys not on your keyring and support for PGP/MIME. And of course DSS/DH
keys. Since those are not backwards compatible, it may be a while before
they take off.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi