Mail bombs from "helpful" Cypherpunks

Steve Schear azur at netcom.com
Mon May 19 09:34:03 PDT 1997

>Eudora does have a "Only download messages less than ___K" option
>that can reduce this problem; I don't know if there's also
>a way to delete the message from Eudora without downloading it.
>Netscape Mail has similar options.

It does.  If you use the above method for preventing uncontrolled download
(whch I do) and if you also check the "trash attachments with message"
option from the  "Settings" menu, large attachments can be prevented from
download and deleted from the host.

--Steve

PGP mail preferred
Fingerprint: FE 90 1A 95 9D EA 8D 61  81 2E CC A9 A4 4A FB A9
Key available on BAL server, http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html
Steve Schear              | tel: (702) 658-2654
CEO                       | fax: (702) 658-2673
First ECache Corporation  |
7075 West Gowan Road      |
Suite 2148                |
Las Vegas, NV 89129       | Internet: azur at netcom.com

        I know not what instruments others may use,
         but as for me, give me Ecache or give me debt.

        SHOW ME THE DIGITS!