dhp.com is blocked by CyberSitter

Rich Graves llurch at networking.stanford.edu
Sun May 18 01:49:39 PDT 1997

Um...

Who worth talking to isn't?

I have repeatedly requested that they block comp.os.ms-windows.announce and
stanford.edu because we allow content they might find objectionable, but
Milburn has REFUSED to do so. "We don't block sites just because some guy
say so." He's bouncing all subsequent requet from me to block my own web
site to my postmaster, i.e., me.

I still think a counter-blocking approach is appropriate. If you run a
popular web site, make it inaccessible to CyberSitter users. It's easy:

 <META NAME="Voluntary Content Rating" CONTENT="adult">

CyberSitter is the only program that understands "the VCR standard."

-rich
 http://www.stanford.edu/~llurch/