Disinformation from folks like Kent on this list

Vladimir Z. Nuri vznuri at netcom.com
Fri May 16 18:57:16 PDT 1997

ah, kent crispin is a man after my own heart. good work Kent,
keep at it, and hone your style, after many months you may
be able to create seething cascading flamewars with only a few
posts. (hee, hee) the idea is to find the hot button of your
opponent, and then push it endlessly. wheeeeeeee!!! cypherpunks
have a *lot* of hotbuttons, I can assure you.

keep up the good work, Kent, uh, if that is really your real
name (heh heh)

TCM

>- unawareness of the situation in Rwanda, though he cites it as an example
>of why "anarchy leads to mass killings."

history is a clear example of this. only an anarchist such as yourself
would contest such a blatently obvious fact. if you do argue against it,
you're clearly using some concept of "anarchy" not commonly understood.
but of course, that has always been what you are doing. here is a question
for you: are there any synonyms in the english language that come closer
to what you are advocating than "anarchy"? surely you can think of some.
but of course, the word "anarchy" was very deliberately chosen.

>- he cites hackneyed Webster's definitions of "anarchy" to make some point,
>then objects that others are relying too much on definitions when they
>refute him.

as others have noted, the "cypherpunk vocabulary" is a bit different
than that used by most english-speaking people. the cypherpunks have
their own vocabulary in which words like "democracy, anarchy,
leadership" etc. become highly charged words with new meanings. a
complex culture.

anyone with more interest should see www.csn.net/~ldetweil, an amusing
site on the subject of "cypherpunk sociology" etc.

>- he proudly admits to not having looked at past archives, nor I presume at
>the large file I generated a few years ago (Cyphernomicon), covering many
>of the issues he keeps raising.

oh, the horror that he hasn't read every single post of yours and your
tedious and disorganized "faq". ahem, I credit you for putting in a lot
of time into the project, but perhaps you would get more bang for your
buck designing chips or whatever it was you used to do.  eeeks, that
came out sounding pretty horrible, please rest assured that if it sounded
offensive I didn't *mean* it that way!!! thanks for your understanding
and patience.

>(Speaking as an info-terrorist who sees strong crypto as a tool for
>triggering the eventual collapse of governments and dispenser of justice to
>the criminal rulers, I certainly won't be "volunteering" to use any key
>recovery tools, leastwise none that put the key in any subpoenable
>repository. Maybe key recovery with my lawyer, outside the U.S., but not in
>any Netscape's Trusted Key Suppository.)

question:

has there ever been a period in history that you cite as "anarchy" that
you would hold up as an example of what you are talking about?

if not, why is it that nobody has stumbled on it in the millenia of
human social systems?

>I've taken to sometimes responding to him, but usually not. Nothing
>delights me more than seeing some long rambling criticism of us, and our
>work, and then deleting it.

nothing delights me more in pushing hotbuttons or seeing a young
up-and-coming whippersnapper with a good taste for the same. beep, beep, BEEP

>Kent is just one of several folks who've discovered this list, share none
>of its core values, and seeks to disrupt it with innuendos, spam, insults,
>and disinformation.

a man after my own heart. kent, keep up the good work.

>Kent, please go away.

Tim, please go away.

Tim is one of several people who pretends to have started this list,
brainwashes everyone with his core values, and seeks to mold it into
his own image with innuendos, camouflaged spam, insults, and
disinformation.

Only one response is warranted
to the cryptonarchists who claim that a nonviolent anarchy exists:
"Death to Cryptoanarchists!"