I Treat All My Enemies Equally

Rick Osborne osborne at gateway.grumman.com
Fri May 16 02:35:55 PDT 1997

Someone anonymous, claiming to be TruthMonger, wrote:

>To borrow an analogy from another thread, if the government spams
>enough cypherpunks with a few Kilobytes here and there, they will
>eventually raise the ire of a Rick Osborne enough that he will
>send them back a few Gigabytes in return. And if Ross Wright's
>computer gets caught in the crossfire...

Now, if you had used anyone but Ross in that example, I might have agreed
with your point.  ;)  [[[ Seriously though, before it begins to seem as
thought I have a personal vendetta against Mr Wright, I shall put it to
rest with an emphatic *I do not*.  I like to think I'm mature enough to
separate my opionion of a person from my opinion of their opinions. ]]]

TruthMonger does bring up a good point, though, again proving that I am
indeed a self-centered asshole.  In all of the glorious "Go Internet! Down
with the evil spam!" hype lately, I'd forgotten that point A to point B
isn't a straight line.  To send a GB or so across to, for example, Sanford,
it might indeed traipse across Ross' server, for which I'm sure Ross would
curse my name thoroughly.  Hmm... this means I need to figure something
else out ... I really should go and cancel that pamphlet drop ...
_________ o s b o r n e @ g a t e w a y . g r u m m a n . c o m _________
"And my middle name used to be helping people, The 'helping people'
Tick."