Videocrypt/Videocrypt2 any cryptanalytic results?

Huge Cajones Remailer nobody at huge.cajones.com
Wed May 14 11:44:31 PDT 1997

Has any progress been made in cryptanalysing the algorithms used in the
european Videocrypt and Videocrypt2 standards used to encrypt satellite
broadcasts?

Particularly, is there any information I can obtain about the protocols,
the data communicated between the decoder and card, and the algorithm itself.

I am looking at the possibility of a new version of the "season" card
simulator software created some time ago, which is now obselete, which
used to be used against videocrypt broadcasts...