Political action and cypherpunks

Michael Wilson 0005514706 at mcimail.com
Sat May 10 16:31:26 PDT 1997

Given the recent comments on cypherpunks, I thought I would point out
a potentially useful resource:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/4843/

It might give the more 'political action' minded some useful ideas.

MW

Hierarchical organizations of all sorts orient around a monopoly. That
monopoly may be of force (as in 'gunpowder empires'), information
(particularly in intelligence organizations), command (as in military or
political structures), benefit (family or religious structures, where the
hierarchical control comes from the ability to dispense food, wealth,
etc.), interpretation (as in the Soviet State, which was the arbiter of
the dialectic), etc. Monopoly reservation or control of some resource
automatically equates to a dependency. What does this say about the
battle to control cryptography?

This is my PGP key; there are many like it, but this one is mine: