Spam Update/Cyber Promo attacked

Ray Arachelian sunder at brainlink.com
Fri May 9 08:53:00 PDT 1997

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Rick Osborne wrote:

> Actually, this account has adequate filters.  Unfortunately, my employer
> chooses to use Exchange for mail, which has less than astonishing filtering
> capability.  But I appreciate the inference as to my (lack of)
> intelligence.  ;)

Filtering isn't the point.  Just as you have the right to free speech,
you also have the right to ignore someone else's speech as it is aimed at
you.  If you don't want Cyberspammo to spam you, they should honor your
request to take their crap elsewhere.

The problem I have with them is that while they do say "Send email here
to never be spammed again" it doesn't work.  They don't honor the
deletion requests.  You wind up on some other dweeb's spam queue also
from cyberspam. :(

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "So make a move and plead the fifth,   |./|\.
..\|/..|sunder at sundernet.com|  'cause you can't pleade the first!"   |/\|/\
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  | For with those which eternal lie, with |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"| strange aeons, even death may die.     |.....