US Citizens doing crypto work overseas

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Thu May 8 04:58:48 PDT 1997

	It depends if they're willing to add a clause guaranteeing
legal fees.  (And have the appropriate size to do so in a convincing
way.)  With legal fees spoken for, many Americans do work overseas.

	Its all a matter of the US government not wanting to take on a
well funded legal team to try and claim that Americans can't speak to
furriners.  They much prefer mild mannered nuclear activists with a
large mortgage and a family to feed.  They're easier to beat up.

Adam

C Matthew Curtin wrote:
| Does anyone have any idea how extensive the legal entaglements might
| be for a US Citizen to accept work overseas developing crypto software
| for a foreign company?
|
| Someone at a company in Australia is interested in hiring some
| crypto-clued folks, and has asked me if it's even worth pursuing
| any US citizens.

					               -Hume