Zionist Spies

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed May 7 11:51:35 PDT 1997

At 8:21 AM -0800 5/7/97, John Young wrote:
>Wash Post reports today on a NSA intercept of
>a "secure communication" between two Israeli
>spooks discussing a top US official spying for
>Israel.
>
>The FBI opened an investigation in January.
>
>Israel denies the claim.
>
>Crypto is not mentioned, only that the Hebrew
>conversation was "awkwardly" translated.
>
>The intercept was withdrawn after 12 hours from
>the distribution list due to FBI's dismay at its
>spread.

First, this was probably an intentional spreading of the news. The U.S.
wants its nominal ally, Israel, to know that it knows and that it wants
Israel to know it is publically signalling that it knows that it knows.

Second, such spying by nominal allies on each other is not new, of course,
and has always been common. The U.S. has intensive espionage efforts
directed against all of its nominal allies, often maintaining extensive
listening posts in the countries involved. (The U.S., being the big bully
on the block, can maintain large SIGINT and COMINT facilities in Japan, for
example, but reciprocal rights by the Japanese to maintain COMINT
facilities in Silicon Valley, for example, are not granted.)

Third, whether crypto is presently involved now, it soon will be. Encrypted
phones are being sold--not the Clipper-enabled duds, but the 3DES phone
Eric Blossom and his Comsec outfit is selling, Encrypted links over the
Internet for voice, too. (One of the most impressive things I ever saw was
a fully-DES-encrypted linkup of several sites via the MBONE...and this was
more than four years ago, at a Cyperpunks meeting which linked up Silicon
Valley, Washington, Boston, San Diego, and other sites.)

Fourth, under the SAFE provisions, such "diversions" of crypto to uses by
terrorists, spies, and military persons could invoke the clauses by which
exports are denied, and even trigger the "furtherance of a crime"
provisions.

We've known the Zionist state has had nukes for more than 25 years,
probably longer. And yet we cluck about the nuclear programs of other
nations.

--Tim May