Controversial Commercial ISP for Remailer?

Ray Arachelian sunder at brainlink.com
Mon May 5 15:01:08 PDT 1997

On Mon, 5 May 1997 ichudov at algebra.com wrote:

> > Well, such an ISP exists, but there's a catch.  It's Cyberpromo.com --
> > An ISP whose reputation capital was already so LOW that another
> > gigabyte of flames to the postmaster wouldn't really be noticed.
> > The good news is that service is pretty cheap - $50/2yrs POP+autoresponder,
> > or $39 one-time for a mail forwarder.  Don't know if he takes anonymous
> > accounts, but probably does, since money orders are more reliable than most
> > of his customers :-)  Also don't know how he'd respond to subpoenas and
> > warrants (probably quickly?) or wiretap requests (he's not a telco),
> > or how long before he'll be assassinated or banned or IDPd.

> If i discover that there is something useful taht comes out of there, *i*
> may fine tune my setup, but do not hope that other sites will be as nice.

Well, here's a thought.  Let's pool some cash together and go off and
spam cyberpromo from the inside.  Let's get an account there, turn it
around and spam everyone and their mother at cyberpromo and their
respective subdomains.   Wouldn't that be sweet revenge?

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "So make a move and plead the fifth,   |./|\.
..\|/..|sunder at sundernet.com|  'cause you can't pleade the first!"   |/\|/\
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  | For with those which eternal lie, with |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"| strange aeons, even death may die.     |.....