SAFE Bill discussion

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Sat May 3 00:37:26 PDT 1997

There may be something in the view that there are enough laws already on
the books that if government agents want to give you grief, they can find a
way.  Adding another one is minor compared with preventing crypto
restrictions via executive order.  (How many laws did you break today?
Since I drove a car, I broke at least one.  With respect for the law gone,
the law has only fear, and that's a function of enforcement, and subject to
economic realities.)  YMMV.

Of course, getting rid of these kinds of laws is a project which is long
overdue starting and not adding new ones would be a good start.  (But
that's another rant.)

Bill Frantz       | God could make the world   | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | in six days because he did | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | not have an installed base.| Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA