SAFE Bill discussion

lucifer Anonymous Remailer lucifer at dhp.com
Fri May 2 09:24:11 PDT 1997

Mac Norton wrote:
> On Fri, 2 May 1997, Shabbir J. Safdar wrote:
> > By attacking the supporters of the bill, you're attacking CDT, the ACLU,
> > EPIC, VTW, EFF, Eagle Forum, Americans for Tax Reform, and PGP Inc.  You're
> > saying that all the Internet advocates have turned against crypto?
>
> Criticizing the bill is not the same thing as "attacking" its
> supporters. Criticizing the arguments of those supporters in
> favor of the bill, and questioning seeming inconsistencies
> therein, is not the same thing as "attacking" those supporters.

> Nor does such criticism imply an accusation that all, or
> even some, of those supporters "have turned against crypto."
>
> The illogical equlvalence you set up, however, does seem to
> be characteristic of these supporters' arguments.:)

  Nor does citing a litany of 'Libertarian Approved Sources of
Good and Righteousness" reduce the size of the stick getting
shoved up one's butthole, or the right and responsibility of
those who oppose this action to speak up.
  These fine, upstanding organizations that Shabbir speaks of
have all become a part of the system. They have learned to
play along with the compromise game, just like would-be
terrorists who give up their hostages one-by-one to the
'negotiators'.
  The secret of hostage negotiation is to convince your opponent
that you are his 'friend' and to convince him/her to be 'reasonable'.
(Read "compromise.")

  I recently had a lawyer who suggested that I take the 'deal'
that the prosecution was offering me, because it was a 'good
one', even though I was innocent.
  Fuck him. I acted on my own behalf and tore the prosecutor a
new asshole in court.
  The irony is that my lawyer, in the words of the judge, herself,
was "one of the better lawyers" in the community.

  Fuck the "CDT, the ACLU, EPIC, VTW, EFF, Eagle Forum, Americans
for Tax Reform, and PGP Inc."
  And fuck Mother Teresa if she wants me to support the SAFE bill.
I don't care how many children she's saved, it has nothing to do
with my decision to fight against bad legislation.

TruthMonger