Layoffs at PGP

Wesley Felter wesf at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 1 20:13:14 PDT 1997

On 5/1/97 6:41 PM, Martin Janzen said:

>Well, PGP spokesman Mike Nelson wins the award for the Freudian slip of
>the day:
>
>    "Internet Fast-Forward is not as closely related to the tools we
>    develop for individuals for privacy," he said. And the fact that
>    Fast-Forward filters ads which are an "inimical part of some of the
>                                           ^^^^^^^^
>    emerging Web commerce models ... we don't want to hinder this
>    development."

Unless you take it to mean that banner ads are important for "emerging
Web commerce models" which is what PGP doesn't want to hinder the
development of, in which case I'd say that IFF is inimical indeed. Both
ways, they lose.

| Wesley Felter                 | Have you ever had your phone tapped   |
|                               | by the government?     YOU WILL.      |
| wesf at mail.utexas.edu          | And the company to bring it to you:   |
| http://adhoc.com.inter.net/   |                  AT&T                 |