recypherdomicilization?

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu May 1 15:05:39 PDT 1997

At 2:27 pm -0400 on 5/1/97, sameer wrote:
> As far as operating from Anguilla -- it would require
> renouncing my US citizenship, yes.

Hoo, boy...

Make sure you get (buy?) citizenship somewhere else first, okay, Sameer? :-).

Seriously, it would be indeed a drag to have a whole bunch of
cypherpunks-without-a-country out there, no matter what we all say about
the evils of nation-states...

Anyone out there have suggestions about a domicile of choice? Vince's old
"perputual tourist" thing comes to mind, but I'm not conviced that's really
practical.

I heard someone talking about Belize at FC97. The Seychelles have come up
around here, more than once, for those with $10million to throw around...

However, I tend to agree with Tim about this whole regulatory arbitrage
stuff. Nothing keeps the law honest like good software. :-).

Cheers,

Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
Lesley Stahl: "You mean *anyone* can set up a web site and compete
               with the New York Times?"
Andrew Kantor: "Yes."  Stahl:  "Isn't that dangerous?"
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/