SAFE Bill is a Disaster--"Use a cipher, go to prison"

sameer sameer at c2.net
Thu May 1 10:07:03 PDT 1997

> The status quo, in our view, is not good enough.  Because of the export
> controls and the lack of a coherent US encryption policy, Internet users do
> not have access to the privacy protecting encryption products they need.

	Yes they do. There is a growing international crypto
development industry. The export controls have hampered access to the
products they need, but it has not eliminated said access.
	SAFE is one step closer towards making *import* of
cryptography illegal. It's a good thing Anguilla looks like a
relatively reasonable place to live, with people like you "on our
side".

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777