Announce: list-abuse mailing list

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Mar 24 19:43:09 PST 1997

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 15:12:13 +7
From: "John Buckman" <jbuckman at shelby.com>
To: listmom-talk at skyweyr.com
Sender: "ListMom-Talk Discussion List" <listmom-talk at skyweyr.com>

On the list-managers list, I suggested that a mailing list
discussing how to prevent mailing list abuse might be useful.

Based on the strongly positive feedback I received about the idea,
I've gone ahead and created a "list-abuse" mailing list.  I
apologize to members of "list-managers" who have already received
this announcement.

General instructions about joining "List-Abuse" are available at:
http://clio.lyris.net/list-abuse/

Alternatively, you can send email to: join-list-abuse at clio.lyris.net

About LIST-ABUSE: LIST-ABUSE is an Internet discussion group working
to stop abuses of Internet mailing lists. In particular, we aim to
stop mail bombs, spoofed-subscribers, denial of service attacks, and
other forms of "Mailing List Terrorism". Mailing list administrators,
authors of mailing list software, and others interested in mailing
list abuse are welcome to join.

John

John Buckman <jbuckman at shelby.com>
Shelby Group Ltd., http://www.shelby.com/
Developers of Lyris Email List Server

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"Never attribute to conspiracy what can be
explained by stupidity." -- Jerry Pournelle
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/rah/