Analysis of proposed UK ban on use of non-escrowed crypto.

stewarts at ix.netcom.com stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 24 14:41:21 PST 1997

At 09:51 AM 3/24/97 -0500, "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law"
<froomkin at law.miami.edu> wrote:
>It may be that in the UK/EU usage has moved (been moved?) to the point
>where TTP => escrow.  If so, this is as unfortunate as the term "escrow"
itself.
The UK folks who introduced the term TTP did it in the context of escrow.

> I prefer "key bailment" myself.
> It more closely captures the legal relationships.
What a great term!  It does sound like it covers the legal relationship,
and it sounds like something the average person would rather avoid,
as opposed to escrow which is has a neutral-to-positive sound,
or "Trusted Third Party" which drips saccharine
	"We're from H.M.Government, and we're here to help you"

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
#     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)