Isn't this like a bad idea?

Lile Elam lile at art.net
Thu Mar 20 12:48:31 PST 1997

Hi folks,

Selling email addresses seems to me to be a bad idea. Wouldn't
it be better to have people sign up instead of this? I mean,
it looks like this is for spammers.

Who can I contact about this abuse?

thanks,

-lile

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 00:17:18 -0500 (EST)
Comments: Authenticated sender is <mick3 at pop3.concentric.net>
From: "mick3 at concentric.net" <mick3 at concentric.net>
To: you at concentric.net
Subject: 1 MIO e-mail addresses for sale

Hello, and sorry to bug you...
If you are not a business owner, we apologize.
For Sale:  1 MILLION E-MAIL ADDRESSES FOR $95.00
or 2million for $ 155.00 - or 3 million for $ 195.00
Available on 3.5" disk or e-mail download.
These are fresh lists, no BS...plain ASCI format, one per line.
This is a one time mailing, you will not be contacted again.
Send check or money order to:

YMR - ADDRESS LIST
P.O. Box 654
Marysville, Ca 95901

( please specify, if you want 3.5" disk or have it sent via e-mail as *.zip file)
                        Questions? call Mick at (916) 741-2622

                 TO BE PROMTLY REMOVED, TYPE "REMOVE"