Anonymous Nymserver: anon.nymserver.com

William H. Geiger III whgiii at amaranth.com
Wed Mar 12 01:18:18 PST 1997

In <199703120846.BAA02942 at shaman.lycaeum.org>, on 03/12/97 at 02:46 AM,
   TruthMonger <an7575 at anon.nymserver.com> said:

>  The relationship between MIT and the NSA and the Military
>isn't very far under the table.
>  The spooks funded MIT's RSA development, and they are not
>noted for funding projects for the good of the common man.
>To suggest that they would fund a form of cryptography that
>didn't have their own back-door for sounds implausible.

Well the source code is available for PGP & the RSA library. Can you
document where in the code there is a back door for the government?

If you can show what part of the code gives you concerns I am sure everyone
on the list would be eager to listen otherwise this is just more FUD.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Finger whgiii at amaranth.com for PGP Key and other info

Tag-O-Matic: OS/2: Windows with bullet-proof glass.