Subject: Anonymous Nymserver: anon.nymserver.com

William H. Geiger III whgiii at amaranth.com
Tue Mar 11 17:52:34 PST 1997

In <199703120047.RAA13604 at shaman.lycaeum.org>, on 03/11/97 at 06:47 PM,
   an7575 at anon.nymserver.com said:

>Kevin McCurry pretended to ask:

>I would appreciate any information on the trustworthiness/security of the
>below named individuals and service. Please, friends, spare me the
>gratuitous remarks about Sameer, etc., that's not the issue inthis case.

>  Why are you asking for information on these people and
>then stating that you don't want 'certain types' of
>information on Sameer and others?
>  Are you connected in some way to these people, perhaps,
>and just fishing for compliments that will be supplied
>by the prepared responses of others?

>  Allow me to give my 'unprepared' response in regard to
>remailers in general, since you seem to be seeking only
>a one-sided viewpoint about the individuals involved.

>  Firstly, remailers were developed by the cypherpunks as
>a method of monitoring supposedly private communications
>of others, in order to increase their own power and wealth.
>  The communications passing through them remain private
>and anonymous only to those who aren't running them (or who
>haven't compromised the system).

>  Secondly, the few remailers that aren't contolled by a
>small elite within the cypherpunks come and go rather
>quickly.

>  Thirdly, the remailer owners only support compromised
>cryptography systems such as the newer versions of PGP
>produced by All-my-charges-mysteriously-disappeared-
>when-I-agreed-to-switch-to-a-new-system Zimmerman.

>  If you want true anonymity, learn how to hack.

>TruthMonger

What a crock of shit!

Do you have any *PROOF* of your accusations or perhaps you are YAGS here
too spread more lies and dissinformation?

**YAGS: Yet Another Government Stooge.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Finger whgiii at amaranth.com for PGP Key and other info

Tag-O-Matic: OS/2: Your brain.  Windows: Your brain on drugs.