Subject: Anonymous Nymserver: anon.nymserver.com

an7575 at anon.nymserver.com an7575 at anon.nymserver.com
Tue Mar 11 16:47:41 PST 1997

Kevin McCurry pretended to ask:

I would appreciate any information on the trustworthiness/security of the
below named individuals and service. Please, friends, spare me the gratuitous
remarks about Sameer, etc., that's not the issue inthis case.

  Why are you asking for information on these people and
then stating that you don't want 'certain types' of
information on Sameer and others?
  Are you connected in some way to these people, perhaps,
and just fishing for compliments that will be supplied
by the prepared responses of others?

  Allow me to give my 'unprepared' response in regard to
remailers in general, since you seem to be seeking only
a one-sided viewpoint about the individuals involved.

  Firstly, remailers were developed by the cypherpunks as
a method of monitoring supposedly private communications
of others, in order to increase their own power and wealth.
  The communications passing through them remain private
and anonymous only to those who aren't running them (or who
haven't compromised the system).

  Secondly, the few remailers that aren't contolled by a
small elite within the cypherpunks come and go rather
quickly.

  Thirdly, the remailer owners only support compromised
cryptography systems such as the newer versions of PGP
produced by All-my-charges-mysteriously-disappeared-
when-I-agreed-to-switch-to-a-new-system Zimmerman.

  If you want true anonymity, learn how to hack.

TruthMonger