toad

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Fri Mar 7 00:28:42 PST 1997

Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> Dale Thorn wrote:
> [about gilmore]
> > I didn't mean he shouldn't read them, although if he did, it might
> > be a first!  I meant that if the messages pass thru him before any-
> > one else gets to see them, well, better check them carefully...

> i suggest that you write a script that checks on everybody, including
> myself. it should basically subscribe to all mailing lists and store
> checksums with hostnames indexed by message-id.

I would if I could.  You know how I love to produce those charts
with [STATS] in the header.  I'm a heavy user of difference-utility
programs and personal "cooks" on the daytime job, but my problem here
is I don't run a real O/S (I have Win95), and so getting the mail
into a parseable format is prohibitively time-consuming.

If the c-punks were a real threat to national security or something
(what a hoot that would be!), you can be sure there'd be a lineup
at the O/S utility window to get whatever traffic analysis s/w was
available.  Right now I do my part the hard way, i.e., hunt, peck,
and hope the Windows system doesn't crash every 25 messages, which
is its usual.  Maybe IBM's are better - I use HP.