[NOISE] Re: Wassenaar Arrangement

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 5 22:12:07 PST 1997

At 10:30 PM 3/5/97 -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>I've asked a friend at the State Department to send me a copy of the
>Arrangement. I'll forward it if it appears in my inbox.
>
>I also talked a little about the Wassenaar Arrangement, or at least
>Japan's interpretation of it, in a Netly article in late October. Check
>out http://netlynews.com/ in the Politics archive.

"The Wassenaar Arrangement" ...
really sounds like the title of a bad Robert Ludlum novel

rather than a "respectable" document a "respectable" government would sign,
much less a quasi-treaty that they want to pretend has legal force...

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
#     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)