New Product in beta: SecurText

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sun Mar 2 08:09:08 PST 1997

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 97 02:12:26 -0500
From: <softpub%toolz.UUCP at vec.net>
To: Softlist at vec.net
Subject: New Product in beta: SecurText

[Software Entrepreneur's Mailing List]
[p1198: Sat Mar  1 02:12:17 1997]
>From: "Wormhole Technologies, Inc." <Erik at wormhole-net.com>

We have been developing SecurText for over a year now and we finally have a
beta.  SecurText is an anti-hacker, anti-virus, e-mail enhanced network
product.  It is a versatile, elegant, easy-to-use alternative to PGP.  It
runs on Windows 3.1, 3.11, and Win 95.

Our commercial release will be fully S/MIME compliant, have built-in e-mail
functionality for totally seamless sending and receiving of secure messages
and attachments, and protect against viruses.

Check out our free beta at http://www.wormhole-net.com.  Note that, due to
export controls on encryption, this version does not give you military
strength encryption so do not use for actual privacy or security.  For the
actual, military strength version you must send me your name, US mailing
address, plus $3.50 for s/h, and I will send it to you.

Send to:
Wormhole Technologies, Inc.
(softpub member)
6 Ash Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052

By the way, I would really like this beta circulated as much as possible
and to get as much feedback as possible.  Kindly provide me with an e-mail
address when you download and I'll send you a short questionnaire (just 6
questions).

Thanks.
---------------------------
Very truly yours,
ERIK P. WEINGOLD, President/CEO
Erik at wormhole-net.com

Wormhole Technologies, Inc.<tm>
keeping the net free with cryptography<tm>
http://www.wormhole-net.com

-- Send Software Entrepreneur's Mailing List postings to:
--   softpub at toolz.com
-- Send mailing list add/change/delete/gripes to:
--   softpub-request at toolz.com

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"Never attribute to conspiracy what can be
explained by stupidity." -- Jerry Pournelle
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/rah/
FC97: Anguilla, anyone? http://www.ai/fc97/