Marc Andreessen on encryption and CDA

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Mon Jun 30 21:39:32 PDT 1997

At 2:02 PM -0700 6/30/97, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>Marc Andreessen from Netscape spoke at a National Press Club luncheon on
>June 20. Attached is an excerpt from a transcript of his remarks.
>
> ... One final example, imposing censorship laws in
>this new consumer content medium that are more
>stringent and restrictive than those on newspaper and
>television.

At least we can point to the Supreme Court CDA decision which called the
net a medium worthy of the highest level of First Amendment protection.
(Putting on my optimist hat.)

Bill Frantz       | The Internet was designed  | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | to protect the free world  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | from hostile governments.  | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA