Bomb-making instructions....

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Jun 28 09:34:32 PDT 1997

At 9:16 PM -0700 6/27/97, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
>> Paul Bradley wrote:
>> > I personally know no chemistry at all, but what would be nice is if
>> > someone who knows what they are doing wrote an "anarchists cookbook" type
>> > set of files, but this time got them right so anyone attempting any of
>> > the recipes wouldn`t be killed.
>
>Paul,
>
>Making explosives is very dangerous even if the recipes are right. I
>personally knew many kids who lost fingers, eyes and other body organs
>due to careless handling of homemade explosives. Probably, the important
>thing to do before bombmaking is to learn the safety rules.
>
>I agree with you though that certain recipes and chemicals are unsafe
>no matter how carefully to handle them.

Ironically, safety instructions for making bombs would almost certainly be
lumped in with the actual formulas for explosives. (Actually, as the safe
and proper handling is more critical to successful bomb-making than the
mere mixture of chemicals, this is a certainty.)

And, as usual, the law will probably end up being applied to people
innocent of criminal intent.

And the _real_ bombers will continue to learn their trade at training camps
in the deserts of Sudan and Iraq, and, of course, in the various militaries.

--Tim May