NRA and National Online Records Check bullshit

Alan alano at teleport.com
Fri Jun 27 13:32:45 PDT 1997

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Tim May wrote:

> This national data base would undoubtedly be cross-indexed by SS numbers,
> aliases, etc.
>
> Partial data bases like this already exist, of course, a la the NCIC. This
> would take us further in the direction of a national dossier system.
>
> And the "while you wait" system, which would lead to, "Sorry, sir, your
> application to purchase a handgun has been declined" sorts of events, also
> means that vastly more people will be making queries of this system.

I expect it will be extended further on down the line.  "Hold on a for a
few minutes.  We seem to be having some problem with your records check."
Meanwhile, the local/state/federal/illuminati are on their way to
apprehend the miscreant.

> My solution is simple: no checks whatsoever.

I agree.  Guns should be paid for in cash.

> If someone commits a crime,
> lock him or her up or shoot them, or whatever. But once the penalty is
> over, all normal rights return. The right to vote, the right to free
> speech, the right to own weapons, etc.
>
> (Somehow most people think it's OK that convicted felons lose their rights
> to vote and to have guns. (Once they're released, of course.) Do they think
> convicted felons no longer have religious freedom? Can no longer write as
> they wish? Jeesh.)

I find it interesting that they find the right to vote as dangerous as the
right to own a gun.

"If owning a gun could change the system, it would be outlawed."

alano at teleport.com | "Those who are without history are doomed to retype it."