Flag Burning...

? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} dformosa at st.nepean.uws.edu.au
Wed Jun 25 06:19:49 PDT 1997

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, David Downey wrote:

[...]

> As to the Aussie that
> asked what the "fuck" we Americans give about whether or not our flag is
> burnt obviously does not understand how deep the grain of patriotism
> runs in American blood.

As an outside odserver I see your 'patriotism' as more a combernation of
ethonocentrisum and natonisum.  I can't see how the unquestioning beleaf
in the inhernt suppority of your nation (and this is what I have see from
meany 'merkins) can be in any way healthy.

I value objectivty and free thort over patriotisum.

[...]

> In my mind it
> shows how little value the Aussies (or at least this particular one)
> place on their solidarity as a nation

I put little value on national solidarity,  I would prefur to have my own
idears reather then accept the unity of interests.

> and belief in their own country.

I would prefer the truth over belief.

> I place a HIGH value on my country and countrymen. (women too :-) )

I value my fellow citisons the same why I value all other peaple, by the
way thay act.

[...]

> Why are there so
> many individuals from other countries killing themselves to come live
> here, like the Cambodians, Vietnamese, Russians, and such?

Because thay are poor and beleave that in Amirica everybody is rich.  Few
come because of amiricans beleafs, or there great record of power.  Boat
peaple reguly land on our shoars and I dout that we are a powerfull nation
in you view.

Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep.  Buy easter bilbies.
Save the ABC Is $0.08 per day too much to pay?  ex-net.scum and prouud
I'm sorry but I just don't consider 'because its yukky' a convinceing argument