Comparing Cryptographic Key Sizes II

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Jun 24 21:43:45 PDT 1997

At 23:33 +0100 6/24/97, Adam Back wrote:
>I don't think we can explain it any more technically and expect it to
>be useful to a journalist.

Um, some of us journalists have *gasp* taken computer science classes,
programmed in machine code, crafted compression routines, written our own
Unix shells, etc.

Now, I don't want to start a "who's the geekiest geek" contest, since y'all
will win hands-down -- but I want to point out that while we may not be
crypto-whizzes, not all of us are entirely clueless either.

-Declan