McCain Talks Crypto

geeman at best.com geeman at best.com
Tue Jun 24 00:10:41 PDT 1997

At 01:23 AM 6/23/97 -0700, Bill Stewart wrote:
I still think that there is a huge power behind the effort - and that is
based in
dollars.  The child-porn/national security issues just make it
understandable for the
CNN digest of reality, and the clueless among the Government.

Appealing to those arguments with compelling counterarguments in the same
terms
will effect results, perhaps, but only if big dollar$ are behind it.

Money will change the course of events here, and I doubt anything else will.