spam on this list

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 22 23:11:29 PDT 1997

At 11:26 AM 6/23/97 +1000, Jason William RENNIE wrote:
>NO i dont wish to post any, i just want to know if this list has spam
>sent to it ?? I started reciveing various pieces in the last couple of
>days and i'm trying to identify the source.

Once in a while it gets spam; usually a couple of pieces a week.
When it does, you can look in the mail headers and you'll see
"cypherpunks", since it really is going though the mailing list.
I'm not aware of any direct spam that I've received as a result
of being on the list, but it could have happened.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)