spook pressure on crypto exports

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Jun 22 18:39:34 PDT 1997

Adam Back asked for info crypto export news for AU, IE and NZ,
which I echo. I recall that Peter Gutmann has a standing request
for crypto export info from anywhere. We'd like to host any reports
that come in.

For those who've not seen it, his report on his bizarre trials is at:

   http://jya.com/nsazeal.htm

And a report on a weirdly similar UK experience by Mike Cobb is at:

   http://ukeep.htm

Documenting the various international experiences is a worthy
accompaniment to those of Bernstein, Karn and Junger, and about
the only way to expose global GAK at work. It seems to be
spreading quietly, implemented case by case, wearing down
isolated appliants with evasive procrastination, or promising a
one-time approval, using the clock to threaten pending sales.