A site idea

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 22 01:36:17 PDT 1997

The original posting was right on target for the cypherpunks list.

>> I was hoping to collect information on setting up anon remailers of
>> various types and compiling links and articles for the site. Can anybody
>> point me in the right direction ?

>Raph Levine <sp? There are two, one levine and one levein and I always
>confuse the two) is the remailer god, check out his pages for some
>information.

Levien ... Raph Levien.

The list of operating status of current remailers
is at http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~raph/remailer-list.html .
The Mixmaster remailer list is at
http://www.obscura.com/~loki/remailer/mixmaster-faq.html.
Some more good places to look are the cypherpunks archives at
http://infinity.nus.sg/cypherpunks/	(raw mailing list traffic ...)
and http://www.oberlin.edu/~brchkind/cyphernomicon/
 ( Tim May's Cyphernomicon (a bit old, so there's been more remailer
work done since then, but it's very good about a lot of subjects.)

There are probably some other good remailer archives.

Also, as with many things, AltaVista can tell you lots about remailers.
Not in any particular order, but lots :-)

I haven't updated my pages on www.idiom.com/~wcs/remailer in a year or so,
but it was a good rant for the times; I ran a remailer for a while before
it got SPAMMED to death.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)