Impact of Netscape kernel hole

Brian Lane nexus at eskimo.com
Sat Jun 21 22:42:00 PDT 1997

On Mon, 16 Jun 97 11:00:57 -0500, you wrote:

>Has Lynx been ported to the Mac? You might want to just write your own. If
>your not intrested in all the N$ crap (frames, animated Gifs, cookies,
>...) it is really quite easy code to write a few socket calls and parsing
>of some text. I wrote one over a weekend that handles 99% of my web
>browsing needs.

  http://lynx.browser.org says there is a Mac version in Beta test
right now.

  I'm currently using Opera v2.12 which uses alot less memory than
Netscape, but I don't know how 'secure' it is. I'm download the win32
port of Linx right now to give it a try.

  Brian

Brian C. Lane             http://www.eskimo.com/~nexus                      KC7TYU
------------------  96B9 C123 5C90 BECC  6A1F 7DC6 4F2B A26E  --------------------