Fw: Advance Bank launches ecash

Wayne Clerke wclerke at emirates.net.ae
Fri Jun 20 15:23:43 PDT 1997

>>Tim May  <tcmay at got.net> wrote:
>>>No mention of "untraceable" or "anonymous" or "Chaum." And no mention
of
>>>"Digicash," except in your (Wayne's) introduction; Digicash is, rightly
or
>>>wrongly, a trademark of the company with the same name.
>
>If there _wasn't_ any mention of those, there certainly is now :-)
>The right-hand frame, after the pictures of PCs and dollar signs and
logos,
>has copyright notices, trademark notice for "ecash", and the addresses
>and URLs for Advance Bank Australia Ltd. and Digicash BV in the
Netherlands.

>And the "Support" page has the following URLs:
>   For more ecash info, refer to the DigiCash Web Site:
>     Who are DigiCash?
>     Digital Signatures and Smart Cards
>     Numbers that are money

It seems I haven't been paying enough attention lately ... just visited
www.digicash.com and discovered Advance is only one of several new banks
offering (or about to offer ecash).

># Thanks;  Bill
># Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
># You can get PGP outside the US at ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/crypto/pgp
>#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.
Thanks.)

Regards,

Mail: <a href=mailto:wclerke at emirates.net.ae>Wayne Clerke</a>
PGP key ID: AEB2546D FP: D663D11E DA19D74F 5032DC7E E001B702
PGP mail welcome. Voice: +971 506 43 48 53
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.