[DES] Anguilla surpasses US military in code breaking challe

Paul Bradley paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 09:22:19 PDT 1997

> They have not released their source code for independent
> evaluation. I for one would feel a lot more comfortable with
> DESChall if there was at least some outside review, even if
> no general release is made.

I do not keep up with the various DES challenge efforts: Did DESChall
ever give a reason for not releasing source code?
Has anyone tried reverse engineering the executable?

Does anyone have statistics on how quick deschall is as opposed to, for
example, Bryddes? If they haven`t released source code and it is
significantly faster it may be they have further key schedule
optimisations they do not wish to share.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul at crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul at cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/