Avoid loud warnings--it only attracts disruptors

Alan alano at teleport.com
Mon Jun 16 14:06:46 PDT 1997

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Tim May wrote:

> (I admit to having a perverse side, too. No suprise to many of you. Several
> years ago I posted some binaries to the brand-new newsgroup,
> "alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.children". I claimed they were some hot
> lolitas, though in fact they were misc. PGP noise, with hidden text
> messages running down some of the diagonals, to get me off the hook if some
> DA claimed they were real pictures and demanded the decryption key. I
> wanted to shake things up. Got a lot of outraged responses, too.)

Were they outraged that it was not kiddy porn or outraged that they could
not get to it or outraged because you claimed it was kiddy porn?  (I tend
to direct people to
http://www.thecorporation.com/oneoffs/96/kittyporn/index.html for that
sort of stuff...)

Makes you wonder what they were doing reading that group in the first
place...

alano at teleport.com | "Those who are without history are doomed to retype it."