FCPUNX:Netscape Security Flaw is a Feature

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Jun 14 11:05:31 PDT 1997

At 09:33 PM 6/12/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:
> According to Netscape spokesmen, this feature was added to the kernel of
> Mosaic, then Navigator, in 1993, as part of the Clipper Key Recovery
> Program. As James Clarke put it an interview tonight on MSNBC, "Dorothy
> Denning asked us to insert the "remote read" capabilities to ensure that
> the legitimate needs of law enforcement are met. No person cruising the Web
> has any expectation of privacy, as even Declan McCullagh has pointed out."
>
> Marc Rotenberg commented, "Privacy at the individual user level is
> unimportant, just so long as a Privacy Ombudsman can decide on the
> legitimate needs of law enforcement."

Please cut the spoofing, or add visible indication of when you are
spoofing for the benefit of the less well informed amongst our
audience.

I suggest that any spoof you write should come not from Tim May, but
from Class B  Citizen Unit 8387 Tim May.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com