Netscape Security Flaw is a Feature

Kris Carlier root at iguana.be
Fri Jun 13 14:42:40 PDT 1997

Tim,

> Meanwhile, Microsoft has acknowledge that all lines to its Redmond site are
> clogged by people dumping Navigator and trying to download Explorer.

Are you sure they are trying to get Explorer ? it's *very* difficult to
buy a PC nowadays that comes without it. My guess is that people are still
trying to get the vital bugfixes for NT, IE, Win95,...

BTW: if people think IE will do better, they should broaden their minds.
Long live ActiveX ! Recently, MS also implemented a file upload thingie
for IE. What else do you need to browse a visitor's PC ?

kr=

                   \\\___///
                  \\  - -  //
                   (  @ @  )
 |     kris carlier - carlier at iguana.be    |
 | Hiroshima 45, Tsjernobyl 86, Windows 95 |
 | Linux, the choice of a GNU gener8ion    |
 |            SMS: +32-75-61.43.05         |
                  oooO   (   )
                   \_)