Flag Burning...

Tom Allard m1tca00 at FRB.GOV
Fri Jun 13 07:00:43 PDT 1997

panther at writeme.com said:

> When it comes down to flag burning, It really bothers me that we allow our
> symbol of freedom to be burned.  It's more than a flag and a right.  It's
> a symbol of the freedom we have.  To allow someone to publicly burn a flag
> is essentially displaying our freedom being burned.

Some people believe that the freedom that the flag once symbolized is
already gone.  Burning the flag can be a representative way of saying "Our
Freedom has already been burned".

Of course, banning the burning of the flag only proves their point.

rgds-- TA  (tallard at frb.gov)
I don't speak for the Federal Reserve Board, it doesn't speak for me.