Response to "My War"

Mike Duvos mpd at netcom.com
Mon Jun 9 23:10:45 PDT 1997

Se7en recapitulates:

> As far as freedom of speech goes, sorry guys, it does not cover activities
> which violate the rights of others. Someone does not have the right to fuck
> a four-year-old girl in the ass, take pictures of it, and then scan it and
> upload it to the Internet. No one has the right to force a six year old
> girl to suck his dick until cum is running down her face, take pictures
> of the whole thing, and, once again, upload it to the Internet. This is
> not covered. Go back to school if you think it is.

Straw man.  There is no evidence that such activities are being engaged
in, photographed, and uploaded to the Internet by the perpetrator.

There is a huge difference between crimes being illegal, and crime scene
pictures being illegal in the possession of someone having no link
whatsoever to the original perpetrator.

There is an even larger difference in scenes of very old non-crimes being
illegal in the possession of anyone whatsoever.

All of these things get lumped under the general catch-all phrase "child
porn."

> ME: "If I was at Defcon and entered a system without authorization that
> was dedicated to the distribution of child pornography and destroyed it,
> and you were looking over my shoulder the whole time and saw what I did,
> would you arrest me?"
> THEM" "I would turn around and walk away."

Take the officer's name and badge number.  He needs to be fired.