Thoughtcrime (Re: My War) (fwd)

Igor Chudov @ home ichudov at Algebra.COM
Mon Jun 9 21:34:00 PDT 1997

Tim May wrote:
> It's all very complicated. And strong crypto, of course, is on the verge of
> making the risk of getting caught near zero. You know the rest.

I do not think that it is "on the verge", rather, it is there already.

I have a business plan. It presumes that I can RECEIVE cash
anonymously and operate in a certain city. As far as I understand,
a modification of existing protocols allows to implement anonymity
of payees.

I open a trug trading center at, for example,
drugz at anonymous.mailserver.com. Alternatively, I can publish my public
key in alt.anonymous.messages.

Drug addicts would send me digital cash and specify which drugs they
wish to receive, and send me their public keys. I would place their
drugs in some random place in that city, and then send them (anonymously)
the location of the place so that they can pick it up.

I do not see how I can be detected, modulo the security of anonymous
remailers. Since my reputation will be based on PGP authentication, I
will have an incentive not to cheat.

	- Igor.

P.S. I do not believe that anon remailers provide an adequate security.